|Tel: (818) 205-2101
Fax: (818) 205-2108
Shawn Shayesteh is a trial lawyer and litigator. Prior to forming NSL, he practiced for 11 years at the famous law firm of Girardi & Keese (which is known for the Erin Brockovich and Vioxx high profile cases). He has tried numerous cases to verdict and has presented numerous appeals before the California Supreme Court, California Court of Appeal, and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal.
His past representations include:
- Obtained $8,000,000 settlement on behalf of over 100 investors in real estate dispute against a major international bank and casino.
- Obtained confidential multi-million dollar settlement for Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino against contractor for negligence in rendering professional services.
- Obtained $5,000,000 settlement on behalf of customers of Best Buy who were sold a useless service warranty with their products.
- Obtained $4,000,000 settlement on behalf of children who were sexually abused by their preschool teacher.
- Obtained $3,100,000 settlement for individual against the City of West Hollywood for a young man who was brain damaged while crossing the street.
- Obtained $1,850,000 settlement for family of young man who died when his seatbelt failed to lock during a rollover accident.
- Obtained $1,000,000 settlement for individual against restaurant where he suffered food poisoning which resulted in Guillain Barre Syndrome.
- Obtained a $1,000,000 jury verdict against CB Richard Ellis in wrongful termination and gender discrimination lawsuit.
- Obtained confidential upper six-figure settlement for seven year old child who was molested at child care facility by his pre-school teacher.
- Obtained $650,000 settlement for 7 year old girl who lost her eye when a defective airbag struck her face.
- Successfully defended commercial real estate developer against fraud action brought by seller of commercial real estate project.
Honors and Awards
- Named a Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyer for 2016 by National Trial Lawyers
- Named a “Southern California Super Lawyer” by Los Angeles Magazine, for 12 straight years, 2005 – 2017
- Named to Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Awarded Excellent Rating by AVVO
- High-Speed Chase on the Information Superhighway: The Evolution of Criminal Liability for Internet Piracy, Loyola Law Review, 33 Loy. L.A. L. Rev. 183 , 1999
- Design Immunity Defense Under Government Code 830.6: Obstacles to Avoid in Pleading and Presenting Your Case, FORUM Magazine, July, 2003
- Williamson v. Mazda Motor of America, U.S. Supreme Court Case No. 08-1314 (February 23, 2011)
- HLC Properties, Ltd. v. Superior Court, 35 Cal.4th 54. (2005)
- Winfred D. v. Michelin North America, Inc., 165 Cal.App.4th 1011 (2008)
- Maughan v. Google Technology, Inc., 143 Cal.App.4th 1242 (2007)
- Carter v. CB Richard Ellis, Inc., 122 Cal.App.4th 1313 (2005)