If you have been wrongfully terminated, discriminated, sexually harassed or retaliated against, you may be entitled to bring a labor/employment law claim or lawsuit against your employer or co-worker in order to receive compensation for your physical, psychological, and/or economic injuries. The NSL Law Firm has decades of combined experience handling all types of labor/employment law claims.
California is an “at will” employment state, meaning that typically an employee can be terminated without good cause. However, there are several exceptions to this rule: if you had a written employment contract, were retaliated against, or were discriminated against based on your gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, religious beliefs, or health condition. You can also bring a claim if you were sexually harassed by your co-worker while on the job. If successful, you could be entitled to receive compensation for your lost earnings, psychological damages, and/or other economic injuries.
Also, you and your co-workers may be entitled to wages and penalties from your employer for unpaid overtime, meal breaks and rest periods.
We handle cases involving:
- Wrongful Termination
- Failure to Accommodate a Disability
- Overtime Violations
- Meal Break / Rest Period Violations
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or California Family Rights Act (CFRA) violations
NSL’s attorneys have obtained the following labor/employment law results:
- Obtained a $1,000,000 jury verdict against CB Richard Ellis in wrongful termination and gender discrimination lawsuit.
- Obtained Confidential six figure settlement on behalf of group of employees who did not receive compensation for overtime and break times.
Please call us at 877-539-5366 or contact us if you believe you or your loved one may have a potential labor/employment law claim. We will evaluate your claim and discuss your options with you at no charge.