If you have been wrongfully terminated, discriminated, sexually harassed or retaliated against, you may be entitled to bring a labor/employment law claim or lawsuit against your employer or co-worker in order to receive compensation for your physical, psychological, and/or economic injuries. The NSL Law Firm has decades of combined experience handling all types of labor/employment law claims.
California is an “at will” employment state, meaning that typically an employee can be terminated without good cause. However, there are several exceptions to this rule: if you had a written employment contract, were retaliated against, or were discriminated against based on your gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, religious beliefs, or health condition. You can also bring a claim if you were sexually harassed by your co-worker while on the job. If successful, you could be entitled to receive compensation for your lost earnings, psychological damages, and/or other economic injuries.
Also, you and your co-workers may be entitled to wages and penalties from your employer for unpaid overtime, meal breaks and rest periods.
We handle cases involving:
- Wrongful Termination
- Failure to Accommodate a Disability
- Overtime Violations
- Meal Break / Rest Period Violations
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or California Family Rights Act (CFRA) violations
NSL’s attorneys have obtained the following labor/employment law results:
- Obtained a $1,000,000 jury verdict against CB Richard Ellis in wrongful termination and gender discrimination lawsuit.
- Obtained Confidential six figure settlement on behalf of group of employees who did not receive compensation for overtime and break times.
Please contact us if you believe you or your loved one may have a potential labor/employment law claim. We will evaluate your claim and discuss your options with you at no charge.